Saturday, October 25, 2008

Essay at On The Brighter Side

My essay "Reason to Avoid Getting a Haircut" appeared in issue 2 of On The Brighter Side, which was released in pdf form recently. If you're interested, you can download the issue here.
The humor mag is new but it pays $50 for humorous fiction and essays (although they are currently closed to subs).

p.s. If for anything, download the pdf just to see my picture. Paunchy, portly, plump I may be. But I think the photo got screwed up because I look like an offensive lineman who was cut from the team for being out of shape.

3 comments:

DLowe said...

Funny stuff! My favorite? Your father wanting your haircut to communicate one thing: ________ (I won't ruin it)

Nice pic, sheesh. Maybe time to replace the 5-cheese ravioli with a piece of fruit.
Best Wishes!
Don

Gwen Jones said...

Jeez, Dave, did they work you over in the alley before they took that picture?? Or is it your evil twin, Skippy?

ACW said...

Dave - Simply wonderful! I especially loved the reference to Goofus and Gallant. My own memory of the G-boys was the waiting room of our optometrist, who we now realize was a bona fide "quack." If I recall correctly, the issues on his table also dated back about five or so years! That means probably a collector's item today.

Your writing voice just keeps getting stronger...
Anne